I was waiting for the perfect moment to review one of the yummy-looking offerings from Bake Me a Wish! and what a great way to celebrate my blogoversary. There were so many delicious cakes to choose from including the delectable Tiramisu, Carrot Cake, and Pinapple Coconut but I decided on the Singular Sensation Party-Pack for the purpose of a well-rounded review.
The cakes came quickly, exactly on the date expected. Inside the box was a branded styrofoam box with an ice pack. The decorative box within was a bit difficult to get out as it was sitting pretty tightly. When I opened up the box, the cute little cakes were individually wrapped and a card was inside.
It may be a little corny but I did write out the message myself – but that was just so you know what it would look like if you sent it as a gift (I’m really not a narcissist, really). I thought the way it was presented was very nice, don’t you?
Included in the Party-Pack are the following four flavors: Espresso Brownie, Cookies & Cream, Double Fudge Crunch and an Apple Crumb Tart. These cakes are only 4″ in diameter but they are VERY filling. When my family and I sat down to eat, the three of us could only eat 1-1/2 cakes. The rest I brought to a friend’s house (that loves sweets like me) and we ate it there.
Three of the four cakes were brownie variations. The texture was nice and moist. Each ranked differently so here is a breakdown of each cake:
- Espresso Brownie – By far my favorite. The coffee flavor was not very strong but the flavor was so rich. This cake just melted in my mouth. This would be wonderful accompanied with a large glass of milk or a nice warm cup of coffee. According to my friend, she would definitely buy this cake another time.
- Cookies & Cream – This cake was good but nothing particularly stood out. It was very filling and I still have the other half waiting for the next time I get a case of ‘the munchies’.
- Double Fudge Crunch – This one was a bit different. The brownie part was good but not too flavorful. At first, the crumb topping didn’t seem to mesh well. After eating it a bit more, I think this would appeal more to those that want dessert but are not particularly keen on overpowering sweetness.
- Apple Crumb Tart – The apple filling was delicious. I only wish I could have eaten more of it. Since my husband is not really a cake eater, I let him have dibs on this tart. My daughter and I got a small portion to taste though. The verdict? He loved it. The outside and topping could have been a bit more moist but we all enjoyed this very much.
Now that I know the quality is far superior to many other cakes I have tried, I may just have to get another. If you are hoping to give a special gift to a special person or just want a great way to celebrate whatever occasion is at hand, you might want to check here first!
► Giveaway closed, winners announced here!
One reader will receive any cake of their choice.
To enter (mandatory):
Visit Bake Me A Wish and tell me which cake you’d most like to try.
For additional entries leave a comment for each you do:
- “Like” Cookies & Clogs on Facebook
- “Like” Bake Me A Wish on Facebook
- Subscribe via email
- Follow Cookies & Clogs on Twitter
- Follow Bake Me A Wish on Twitter
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect (in the footer)
- Enter another of my giveaways
- Tweet the following once a day:
“It’s a Blogoversary #Giveaway Event @cookiesANDclogs! #Win your choice of cake from Bake Me A Wish, Ends 5/31 http://bit.ly/ip200Y”
Giveaway ends 5/31/11 at 11:59 PST. Open to US residents only. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with the above mentioned product(s) at no charge to facilitate this review, which contains 100% my honest opinion.