In celebration of Universal Studios’ 100th anniversary, one of the most beloved films of all-time comes to Blu-ray for the first time ever. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Steven Spielberg’s unforgettable adventure, debuts in a digitally remastered “30th Anniversary” edition Blu-ray Combo Pack With Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy & UltraViolet October 9, 2012.
That’s right, the iconic alien will be back next week to be enjoyed by generations new and old. I haven’t seen it for years while it will the the first viewing for both my husband and daughter. The Blu-Ray disc will include a TON of bonus materials such as:
- The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award®-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
- Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
- A Look Back: A special insider’s look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
- The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
The DVD version, as usual, has a more limit offering with the following extra:
- Steven Spielberg & E.T.
- Deleted Scenes
- A Look Back
- The E.T. Reunion
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is rated PG and features English, French, and Spanish. To bring the fun off the screen, check out the following activity sheets: