When I was first asked if I wanted to participate in the Subaru Forester Blogger Program, I had mixed emotions. Of course I wanted to test out a car that so many seem loyal to. On the other hand, I had never been a fan of the design. I’m sooooooo glad that the 2014 model got an all-new design!
With a graphite exterior and leather interior, this was not the old station-wagon previously pictured in my mind. The 2014 Subaru Forester is more like a smaller crossover that gave you both height and security.
2014 Subaru Forester – The 4th Generation
- Several factors set this model apart from its predecessors. It includes:
- All-new design with improved performance, economy, comfort and space
- Up to 32 mpg estimated highway fuel economy
- New 250-hp direct-injection turbocharged 2.0-liter BOXER engine available
- New 6-speed manual transmission for 2.5i models
- New Lineartronic® CVT, with 2.0XT also featuring 6-speed and 8-speed manual shift modes
- Enhanced Active AWD system with X-Mode and Hill Descent Control
- Available EyeSight® driver assist technology
So how did I like it? You’ll have to wait for my upcoming review to find out! 🙂
For more reviews & car-related tips, visit my automotive site for women & families, DrivingMamas.com.