I had such a blast during the 2016 Kia Sorento National Press Introduction last month! Not only was the event being held in one of my favorite vacation spots, Lake Tahoe, California, but the attendees were invited to stay at the swanky Ritz-Carlton.
All travel expenses, accommodations, and activity listed were courtesy of Kia Motors. All opinions are my own.
2016 Kia Sorento National Press Introduction
The group included several Kia executives as well as traditional press and online influencers. It was great to see some familiar faces and meet others. Dinner was amazing and I loved the full heated chairs and sofa outside.
The next day’s activities began with a formal product briefing. Did you know that 20 all-new or significantly redesigned Kia vehicles have been introduced since 2009? Next we got a quick history of the Sorento and then the program moved on to note new features of the 2016 model. Here are some highlights:
- The Sorento is being built in the new Kia factory in West Point, Georgia
- Starts at $24,900 and top model is $41,300 with AWD $1,800 extra
- Parents will LOVE the enhanced UVO features for their teen drivers
- 3 engine choices: 2.0-liter turbo with 20/27/23 mpg, v6 with 18/26/21 mpg, 2.4-liter with 22/29/25 mpg
- Increased cargo space behind seats, little roomier, more aerodynamic, soft touch points, 14-way driver seat
- The 2016 Kia Sorento will be available to purchase in January 2015
2016 Kia Sorento – Ride & Drive in Lake Tahoe, CA
After a driver change and crossing the Nevada state border, we stopped off in Reno for lunch.
For the way back, we jumped in a 2.0L Turbo model. Along the way, we met up with fellow attendees trying to get some auto beauty shots along the lake.
Back at the Ritz-Carlton, the group boarded gondola and headed uphill to dinner. There we were met by some feathered friends.
2016 Kia Sorento Coming Soon!
The final dinner was full of fun and laughs as many showed off their creations for the event’s Ugly Sweater contest. There were some outrageous entries! A major storm was on the way the following morning so I made sure to start on the trip home before that came in. With a ton of memories and a full belly, I’d say the 2016 Kia Sorento launch event was a success. This model will be available January 2015. (See auto review of the 2016 Kia Sorento here.)