Now that the kids are back in school, you want them to keep learning even when they’re at home and during play time. Samsung Kids gives you unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of books, games, videos, and activities for kids of all ages (monthly/yearly fee applies). But how do you know which educational apps will be best for your children? It’s so hard to even tell what an app is like until you actually try it. Well, after hours of browsing, downloading, and playing, I did the legwork for you!
I narrowed down the HUGE selection in Samsung Kids to my top 25 picks for the best educational apps for back to school. As an added bonus, I broke the list down by subject and age. I based my choices on content, how interactive the play is, ease of use, and educational value. They’re also fun and will make your children smile as they play (they sure make my daughter and me smile).
Educational Apps for Back to School — Ages 4+
- But Not the Hippopotamus (and other Boynton books) – Language Arts
- Pixel and Parker – Language Arts
- Gappy Learns Reading – Language Arts
- Toca Pet Doctor – Critical Thinking
- Telling Time with the Smurfs – Critical Thinking
- Animals Memory Match – Critical Thinking
- Pangoland – Critical Thinking
- Saga Mini Friends – Critical Thinking
Educational Apps for Back to School — Ages 6+
- FarFaria Story Adventure – Language Arts
- All About… Series from Highlights – Language Arts, Creativity
- Highlights Hidden Pictures – Critical Thinking
- Marble Math – Math
- Wonder Bunny Math – Math
- Toca Lab – Science
- Toca Hair Salon 2 – Creativity
- Monki Chinese Class – Foreign Language
Educational Apps for Back to School — Ages 8+
- Word Girl Super Hero – Language Arts
- Scribble – Creative Writing, Drawing
- Math Heroes 2 – Math
- Operation Math Code Squad – Math
- Geography Drive Arcade – Social Studies
- Frosby Block Puzzle – Critical Thinking
- The Foos – Critical Thinking, Coding
- Blox 3D World – Creativity, Building
- Animate Me! – Creativity, Animation
Have you picked out a few educational apps othat sound interesting? I was going to write summaries but wanted to keep this top 25 list short and to the point. I’ll have to whip up something about the individual apps next time.
You should know that many of the above-listed apps can appeal to those outside the suggested age ranges. For example, my 15-year-old daughter can’t get enough of Toca Hair Salon 2. And for me, Highlights Hidden Pictures has my 37-year-old brain working overtime. 😛 The suggested ages are just to give you an idea of where to start.
If you haven’t given Samsung Kids a try yet, download the app to your Android device and take advantage of the 30-day trial to see if you like it. It also comes pre-loaded on the Galaxy Tab Lite 3 for kids.
I received a device to test the app on. All opinions are my own.