I am soooo looking forward to this long weekend and spending some time with my family. It’s been busy in our house as we began my daughter’s sixth grade lessons (I homeschool her, remember?) a couple of weeks ago. It’s nice to have some sort of schedule again but we’re still getting into the swing of things. The extra day off will help us recharge before we get back to work early Tuesday morning.
Do you have plans this weekend? If not, here are a few ideas if your in the SF Bay Area:
- The Oakland Museum of California is free on Sunday, 9/2. Just keep in mind that the Gallery of California Natural Sciences (with all the dioramas) is closed until Spring 2013 for renovation.
- Hike up Mt. Tamapais or see the redwoods in Muir Woods.
- Visit Pier 39 in San Francisco. You get some discounts when you park in the nearby parking structure and there are SmartSave coupons for Aquarium of the Bay.
- Head north to Fairfield to take a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory. They do have tours on the weekend but the machines are not running.
- Relax on the beach of Carmel-by-the-Sea and stroll down Cannery Row in Monterey.
If you’re not close by, why not head to a museum, beach, or park near you? Well, what ever you decide to do, I hope you all have a great weekend!
I’m looking forward to this weekend as well! It is our local apple festival and I am all giddy 🙂
Apple festival? Sounds yummy 🙂 Have a great time!
Any non-mall place is heaven for me. I love taking my daughter to the park. It’s accessible, it’s cheap, and we both get our dose of fresh outdoor air. I think she may enjoy a science museum too.
Have a happy long weekend! 🙂
Comments are closed.