It’s here! It’s here! It’s finally here! In just a few days, December 10th to be exact, Despicable 2 will be available on Blu-ray and DVD. Get ready for some Evil Minions, gru-ties, and berry-blasting kiddies! It’s so exciting that our McDonald-toy Minions (sold separately) wanted to join in the photo below 🙂
Despicable Me 2 on DVD / Blu-ray on December 10th!
I would highly recommend getting a Despicable Me 2 Combo Pack, either the Blu-ray or the Blu-ray 3D one, since only these include the three mini-movies. These are hilarious! Apparently, these shorts allowed some new directors to strut their stuff. My absolute favorite one was “Puppy”. It’s right up there with the Minion’s “Bananas” short.
Retail Bonus Features
I already wrote a full review on the Despicable Me 2 so let’s just get to the disc extras. Also keep in mind that different retailers are offering exclusive goodies with your purchase (Best Buy – lunch bag, Target – AVL handbook, Walmart – two Minion toys, etc.) while others, like Amazon.com, will be having super low prices.
Bonus Features only on Blu-ray & Blu-ray 3D Combo Packs:
- Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru: Puppy, Panic in the Mailroom, & Training Wheels
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Deleted Scene
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions.
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design.
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy.
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray & DVD:
- Gru’s Girls—Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Kate Fisher and Dana Gaier weigh in on working with Steve Carell and playing the daughters of a world-famous super-villain!
- Gadgets Galore—Lipstick tasers, magnet ships, foam dart dispensers and jelly guns—these are the nifty gadgets of Despicable Me 2. Illumination Entertainment pulls back the curtain on what it takes to build a world that would leave even James Bond envious.
- Feature Commentary With Directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
Minion Munch Chex Party Mix
After you’ve bought your copy and are ready for a fun-filled movie night, here’s a themed snack your family can enjoy: