Wow, it’s amazing how time flies. Disneyland in Anaheim, CA opened on July 17, 1955 and celebrated it’s 60th anniversary in style. The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration treated guests to a special fireworks show, a new parade, blinged out treats, and more. Did I attend? Sadly, no. I had to precariously live through the social posts of other guests knee-deep in the festivities. Fortunately, the celebration is still going on so I might make it there yet!
In honor of the Disneyland 60th anniversary, I thought it would be fun to feature flicks that inspired some the park’s attractions and a few classic Disney animation shorts.
Disneyland 60th Anniversary – Attractions
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Dumbo
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride –Disney Animation Collection Volume 5 containing Wind in the Willows, The Ugly Duckling, The Robber Kitten, The Grasshopper and the Ants, The Wise Little Hen, and The Golden Touch
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- Tarzan’s Treehouse – Tarzan
- It’s a Small World (featured in) – Lilo & Stitch
Classic Disney Animation
- Disney Animation Collection Volume 1 containing Mickey & the Beanstalk, Brave Little Tailor, Gulliver Mickey, Thru the Mirror, and Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip
- Disney Animation Collection Volume 2 containing The Three Little Pigs, The Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Wolves, Lambert the Sheepish Lion (my personal favorite), Chicken Little, Three Blind Mouseketeers, and Elmer Elephant
- Disney Animation Collection Volume 3 containing Prince & the Pauper, Pied Piper, Old King Cole, A Knight for a Day, and Ye Olden Days
- Disney Animation Collection Volume 4 containing Tortoise and the Hare, Babes in the Woods, The Saga of Windwagon Smith, Goddess of Spring, Toby Tortoise Returns, and Paul Bunyan
- The Three Musketeers
- The Reluctant Dragon
What’s your favorite ride, show, or treat at Disneyland?
I received a year subscription of Netflix and a device to stream the content as part of the Netflix Stream Team. All opinions are my own.