In my family, we eat a lot of chicken. Well, not THAT much but we do tend to eat more chicken than any other type of meat. That also means that I have to come up with numerous ways of cooking it. Teriyaki chicken is always a nice standby and, with Frans having Celiac (no gluten), it something we can only have at home these days. Plus, it’s nice being able to have as much extra teriyaki sauce as I want for FREE 🙂
Easy Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes. Servings Made: 4.
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Temari gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
Optional: Use half of the mixture to marinate meat before cooking. For more than 1 lb. of meat, made a second batch solely for the marinade. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat mixture over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in a cornstarch/water mixture.
- Return to low heat and stir frequently until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.