There are so many things I am trying to teach our daughter. I don’t know how many times I have told her to close her legs when she wears a skirt, to look both ways before she crosses the street, not to be bossy, etc. As she grows older, there are a few things that I hope stick:
- Be honest, lies are lies no matter what color.
- Respect and be thoughtful of others, especially to those older.
- Listen, it can save a lot of pain and heartache.
- Seek truth but don’t be cynical so that you miss it.
- Be self-confident but don’t think too much of yourself.
I have much more that I want to instill in my daughter but these are general things that I wish all children these days valued. What things do you think will help children to live happy lives?
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Nanny McPhee Returns blogging program/contest, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.