Know what? I figured out how to get a free Jamba Juice 16 oz. smoothie every day. How? Simple – by just using Softcard.
What is Softcard?
Softcard is an Android app that is free to download and can be used on several new NFC-enabled smartphones (LG G2, Moto X, Razr MAXX HD, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, Droid Mini, and more). It’s a mobile wallet where you can store your credit /debit card information as well as your loyalty card accounts. Paying and saving is as easy as one simple tap.
I was going to try to explain the process but this video will make it clearer:
Using Softcard Mobile Wallet
Softcard is a joint venture between Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile and is totally free to download, set up, and use. Here are some points from a webinar I attended last month:
- You need a NFC SIM card with Secure Element embedded (pick one up for free from your carrier).
- Only Chase & American Express accounts can be directly loaded on at the moment.
- You can also use an American Express Serve, a standalone card that can be linked to any bank or credit account.
- Only the primary card holder can add the payment card (does not apply to loyalty cards).
- Soon, you’ll be able to tap NFC posters or scan QR codes to get offers.
Safety / Security
I’ve already had the chance to use Softcard a few times and many places in my area already have payment machines with the contactless image on them. I was a bit concerned about security issues but these have been addressed, making it even more secure than a physical wallet or purse:
- Softcard wallet is PIN protected but can be locked at gosoftcard.com.
- Information is stored on the Secure Element on your phone’s SIM card, not in the cloud.
- Dynamic CVV (changes for each transaction).
Free Jamba Juice Drinks
Now back to the Jamba Juice offer. As an incentive, the brand is offering 1 million FREE smoothies to Softcard users. All you have to do is load the offer then tap the pay station. Each Softcard user can only get one free smoothie or juice per day. My husband uses the app too so we have been going on mini-smoothie dates 🙂
It would be awesome if I could leave the wallet at home and only have to carry my phone on me. Nice, right?