We’ve been fans of Just Dance since we tried out the 2015 version from last year. However, even ended up buying some new songs since the repetition of music and moves were starting to get boring. Fortunately, Just Dance 2016 includes 40+ new tracks and choreography and will keep us busy for a while!
Just Dance 2016 Review
The latest Just Dance 2016 includes several songs that were popular this year including “Uptown Funk,” “Same Old Love,” and “All About That Bass”. As always, the outfits are bright and strange and the background are way out there. Kids will be happy to see an increase in animal costumes being used. In case you were wondering, Munchkin’s favorite songs are “Chiwawa” and “Angry Birds Balkan Blast Remix.”
Most songs have been edited to be a bit more *ahem* family-friendly. The lyrics of “All About That Bass” have been changed to phrases such as “I’ll be tweetin’ that” and “Boys like the girls for the beauty they hold inside” while other songs simply omit words (altered or censored lyrics) that could possibly have less than savory connotations.
However, several songs are still better suited to an older audience due to subject matter, suggestive dance moves, or revealing outfits. If you’ve played Just Dance before, then you probably know that comes with the territory. I just wanted to make sure some parents aren’t caught off guard if their kids are moving in ways they don’t want to see or repeating lyrics they’d rather not hear from a 5-year-old…
Just Dance 2016 Tracklist
Here’s the full tracklist of new songs released in Just Dance 2016 in case you want to check it out. (Whew, this took a long time to type out!)
- Meghan Trainor – “All About That Bass”
- Martin Garrix – “Animals”
- Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman – “Blame”
- David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack – “Hey Mama”
- Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars – “Uptown Funk”
- Jason Derulo – “Want to Want Me”
- A. Caveman & The Backseats – “You Never Can Tell”
- Angry Birds – “Balkan Blast Remix”
- Aronchupa – “I’m an Albatraoz”
- Britney Spears – “Circus”
- Buraka Som Sistema – “Hangover (Bababa)”
- Charles Percy – “Hit the Road Jack”
- Darius Dante van Dijk – “The Choice is Yours”
- Demi Lovato – “Cool for the Summer”
- Disney’s “Violetta” – “Junto a Ti”
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid – “Under the Sea”
- Diva Carmina – “Drop the Mambo”
- Ellie Goulding – “Lights”
- Equinox Stars – “Let’s Groove”
- Frankie Bostello – “Copacabana”
- Glorius Black Belts – “Kool Kontact”
- Hatsune Miku – “Ievan Polkka”
- Iggy Azalea Ft. Charli XCX – “Fancy”
- Imposs – “Stadium Flow”
- Katy Perry – “This is How We Do”
- Kelly Clarkson – “Heartbeat Song”
- Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
- Max – “Gibberish”
- Nick Jonas – “Teacher”
- Nikki Yanofsky – “Kaboom Pow”
- O’Callaghan’s Orchestra – “Irish Meadow Dance”
- One Direction – “No Control”
- Pitbull Ft. Chris Brown – “Fun”
- Prince Royce – “Stuck on a Feeling”
- Rossini – “William Tell Overture”
- Selena Gomez – “Same Old Love”
- Shakira Ft. El Cata – “Rabiosa”
- Sky Trucking – “When the Rain Begins to Fall”
- The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
- The Girly Team – “These Boots are Made for Walking”
- The Lemon Cubes – “Boys (Summertime Love)”
- The Movie Grease – “You’re the One That I Want”
- Wanko Ni Mero Mero – “Chiwawa”
Just Dance 2016 Gameplay & Unlimited
Several new playing modes (Dance Party, Dance Quests, World Video Challenge, JDTV) have been added to Just Dance 2016. We mostly play in the classic mode but the Sweat and Playlist modes are great for some focused workouts. For now, my daughter and I are trying to try every song so we an unlock new avatars. Another new feature allows up to six people to play using the free Just Dance Controller App on their mobile phone in lieu of additional controllers (we have use Xbox One with Kinect so no controller are needed).
Instead of buying extra songs, as was the case in past editions, there is now Just Dance Unlimited. This streaming service includes some 150 songs from past Just Dance games as well as new ones that will be released over the next year.
A 1-month pass is $6.99, a 3-month pass is $14.99, and a 1-year pass is $39.99. The Just Dance 2016 Gold edition comes with three months of Just Dance Unlimited. For this review, we received a one-month trial and we’ll probably renew after it’s over because the variety is seemingly endless!
The Just Dance 2016 game is another solid edition to the Just Dance collection of games. It’s always fun to hear some more current songs as well as get a new selection of oldies. Now my daughter and I have plenty of dances to choose from when we’re ready to get our groove on! Just Dance 2016 is available for Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
I received a game and one-month access for review purposes as an UbiStars Blogger. All opinions are my own.