Currently having a tweener, music is a must in our house. The only problem is that most of our music is digital and stored on our phones or computers. While the speakers on our desktop, laptop, tablet, and phones aren’t awful, they are a far cry from good listening quality. Being able to stream music (or other audio) from any device via Bluetooth would be ideal for us. Good thing that the Soundfreak Sound Kick only retails for just under $100!
With the other well-known brand offering their Bluetooth-enabled wireless speakers for double that, can these be any good?
This little audio monster outputs some seriously crisp and deep sound! The UQ3™ spatial enhancement provides for decent bass and the XKICK™ chamber opens to provides a full experience. What does that really mean? I have no idea but our Sound Kick helps us get down while doing our “Cupid Shuffle”! My husband is an enthusiastic audiophile and was VERY pleased with the sound quality. At such a low price point, we were amazed at how good the audio sounded on this compact wireless speaker.
Pairing is a breeze with the little ‘pair’ button on top. Just press to put in pairing mode, then connect to your desired device. The only drawback is that only one device can be paired at the same time. That means if you switch between your computer and your mp3 player, you need to pair it each time.
Product features include:
- Award winning product: Sound Kick won Overall Best of Show from iLounge at CES 2012 and Gizmodo’s award for Best $100 Bluetooth Speaker.
- Plays any audio from your mobile device including music, movies, TV shows, videos, games, Internet radio and apps.
- Incredibly easy to use
- Compatible with any Bluetooth device including the new iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPod nano etc.,as well as iOS like iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android and Blackberry devices, PCs and tablets.
- Great device for whole family and is easy to share since it’s compatible with any Bluetooth-enabled device. Will be compatible with future devices that have Bluetooth too so you don’t have to worry when you upgrade your device.
- A case is available; you can buy the case separately as well as part of a bundled version (Sound Kick + case).
The Soundfreaq Sound Kick is the perfect size use at home or to bring on-the-go. It measures 10.5″ long, 4.2″ tall, and only 1.6″ wide (when collapsed). It’s made of sturdy plastic so no worries about it getting knocked a bit by little clumsy hands or when stored away in a drawer somewhere. The speaker is lightweight at just 1.6 lbs, so moving it is effortless. The design is very sleek and a nice addition to any desk, mantle, etc. Even better is the fact that it will soon be available in white (Ghost) and in bright colors (Chromatics). Check the Soundfreaq store for more info.
We have not experienced a single drop or any static when using the speaker wirelessly through Bluetooth. The built-in rechargeable LiOn battery allows for about seven hours of continual music. Plus, the USB port in the back makes the Sound Kick into a portable charging station. Don’t feel like using Bluetooth? Then connect anything that uses a standard 3.5mm headphone jack for your music, movies, games, conference calls, and more with the included cable. I would have liked it if it could handle a bit more volume but still not get distorted.
Our Soundfreaq Sound Kick is on every day now – whether it’s sitting on our coffee table, dining table, or my daughter’s room. We even plan on bringing it on vacation with us so we can sing our hearts karaoke-style where ever we go.
Don’t pass up this compact powerhouse available for only $99.99. What a steal!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Soundfreaq and received a product sample to facilitate my review.