Three and a half months ago, there was an awakening. Long-time fans came out of the woodworks to re-connect with heroes of their childhood. At the same time, a new generation embraced the light with a side of much-needed girl power, or they favored the dark side because the villain had a cool costume. Theories were thrown out left and right regarding who was related to whom and what really happened during the time between this episode and the last of the Star Wars movies.
Star Wars Movies — Experience Star Wars: The Force Awakens Again
Well, rev up your inner (or WAY out there) geek again because the force of episode seven is available to own starting today, April 1, 2016! Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now out on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere. The Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD can be purchased on April 5.
The day after we received our review copy, some family was coming over for dinner. Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the perfect evening entertainment. All of us had a different perspective of the film from the get to. My mom and her husband already saw the movie twice in theaters. My sister and her husband only watched it once but their reaction was tied to their being kids when the first (of the original trilogy) was released. This was actually the first Star Wars movie EVER for Frans and Munchkin. It was so awesome to experience the movie with everyone. Plus, we had the subtitles on and could finally understand what everyone was saying! 🙂
Star Wars Movies — Star Wars: The Force Awakens Bonus Features
The real gem of this release is the collection of bonus material which is included. In the Blu-ray Combo Pack, an entire disc is dedicated to the bonus features — it’s like a whole extra movie!
Whew, and these extras are seriously juicy too! Maybe this teaser will help build the excitement.
Of course, the deleted scenes only make up a small percentage of these eye-opening film extras. Other bonus features include:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Deleted Scenes
There’s so much material that we haven’t been able to go through all of it yet. However, my personal favorite so far is “Crafting Creatures.” It’s fascinating to see how the non-human characters were created to be totally outlandish yet still relatable somehow. What mind-boggling imagination and talent!
Star Wars Movies — Get Star Wars: The Force Awakens NOW!
Wonder what other nuggets come with the newest installment of the Star Wars movies? Obviously, your curiosity will only be appeased if you watch it yourself. So get your digital copy of Star Wars: The Force Awakens today, April 1, and pick up the physical discs for your home library on April 5. Want even more Star Wars? Keep following the official sources below for all the latest and greatest info. May the force be with you!
- Website: http://www.starwars.com/the-force-awakens/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarWarsMovies
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StarWars
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/StarWarsMovies
I received an early copy of the movie for review purposes. All opinions expressed here are my own.