Taco Pie Recipe Featured on Circle of Moms…
How exciting! I just found out that my Taco Pie recipe was chosen as the Recipe of the Day over on Circle of Moms!
This Taco Pie recipe is super easy and tasty. Plus, it only needs four ingredients – ground turkey, cheese, salsa, and refrigerated pie crust! My family loves this dish!
Prep time: 20 minutes. Cook time: 40 minutes. Servings Made: 6.
4-Ingredient Savory Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Pie Crust (contains 2 in package)
- 1 jar Chunky Salsa, Mild (24 oz)
- Heat oven to 375 deg F.
- Remove pie crust from refrigerator and let sit until slightly soft.
- Unroll one crust and place at bottom of 8×8 pan. Use knife to trim excess dough on sides. Poke holes using a fork. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- While bottom crust is baking, brown ground meat. Drain.
- Add salsa to meat. Stir. Let simmer 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Pour half of salsa/meat mixture in pan, on top of baked crust.
- Cover with 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour other half of salsa/meat mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Unroll second crust and place on top. Trim excess dough and tuck edges into pan. Cut several slits in crust to vent.
- Optional: Extra dough can be used to create a design, just for fun, before baking.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice and sour cream.