Whew! I’m still recovering from my whirlwind trip to New York City the other weekend! It was a Spider-Man: Homecoming packed couple of days and I thought I’d share a little bit about what we did. This includes the pre-screening and boat tour around Peter Parker’s home turf (well, it was actually Manhattan and not Queens but close enough).
Spider-Man: Homecoming Media Weekend
After landing at JFK Airport, I hit the ground running. I took a taxi from the airport to our hotel (which was awesome by the way) and got ready for that evening’s activities. Our group met up in the lobby and headed to the movie theaters for a special early screening of Spider-Man: Homecoming. You can read my full review of the movie here. Our shuttle took us back to the hotel but, from there, our group split up. I joined three others for a quick walk around New York and to Times Square. It was soooo busy!
The next day we all had to be up and ready to attend the press junket. You can read all about the conference here. There was also an opportunity to post on the roof (as seen one of the Spider-Man: Homecoming promo posters) and climb walls with the actual stunt double for Tom Holland in the movie. Unfortunately, when I visited the area, he was already on break. So, I took up the job of saving New York myself.
From there, we went straight to a local Goodwill to shop for our DIY Spidey costume challenge. Then, to recoup from the hustle and bustle of the earlier activities, we boarded the Schooner Adirondack out of Chelsea Piers for a ride on the Hudson.
Spider-Man: Homecoming — Sailing on the Hudson River
If you didn’t already realize it, Spider-Man: Homecoming takes place in New York. It was a treat to see some of the areas and landmarks featured in the film from the Hudson River. The views were amazing!
We were even able to see the Staten Island Ferry out on the Hudson River, the same one featured in Spider-Man: Homecoming. This was especially meaningful for me since I was able to stand on the replica built for the film during our set visit last September. They couldn’t cut the actual ferry in half…
Check out my other Spidey coverage here:
- Set visit announcement
- Interview with Co-Producer Eric Hauserman Carroll
- Interview with actors Tom Holland and Jacob Batalon — So funny!
- New York Press Junket coverage
- Trip experience & sailing around New York on the Hudson River
- Spider-Man: Homecoming movie review for families
- Spider-Man DIY outfit tutorial with printable spider template
- Interview with Producer Amy Pascal and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige (coming)
Spider-Man Homecoming will be in theaters on July 7, 2017!
- Visit the official website: http://www.spidermanhomecoming.com/
- Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMovie
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpiderManMovie
- See on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spidermanmovie/
I was invited on an all-expense paid media trip in honor of Spider-Man Homecoming from Marvel and Sony. All opinions are my own.