Do you have a little girl (or boy) that likes American Girl? Or, are you personally interested in what the doll/book/movie brand is all about? Well, SF Bay Area, AG fever will be hitting us hard with the brand new American Girl store opening this weekend!
The gorgeous two-story building is located at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, just around the corner from Pottery Barn. Festivities for the grand opening on both Saturday, November 16 and Sunday, November 17 will include:
- All girls in attendance on Saturday (11/16) and Sunday (11/17) will receive a FREE gift.
- There will be free craft activities available in the mall on Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be live entertainment for guests waiting in line and in the mall, including face painters and balloon artists
- American Girl will also have drawings for a Saige doll (valued at $110) on 11/16 and 11/17.
- Purchase with Purchase Promotion – Get the exclusive Breakfast in Bed Set for $16 with a purchase of $50 or more. Available starting on November 13, 2013 through December 15, 2013 or while supplies last.
- American Girl has also designated Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford as its grand opening benefit partner. AmericanGirl is providing funding to the hospital for various children’s programs.
**The earliest people can begin to line up is 7am on Saturday (for 9am opening) and 8am on Sunday (10am opening). No overnight camping is permitted.
Inside the New American Girl Store
Upon entering the store, guests are greeted by friendly staff members that are more than happy to give you a mini-tour or answer any American Girl-related questions you might have. The first floor includes all the historical dolls and accessories, books, movies, activity kits, and Bitty Baby items (15″ dolls designed as a ‘starter’ option for children ages 3-6). Also on this floor is the dedicate display for Saige, the 2013 girl of the year.
Even more fun is in store (pun intended) upstairs. This is where My American Girl, the bistro, and the salon are located. Salon? Yes, dolls can be brought to the salon to get a new do or if they need some serious hair help. Stylists are on hand to fix any number of styles shown in the salon catalogue. Or, dolls can have their ears pieced to sport some shiny new earrings. There is also a small area where girls can custom order matching shirts for both themselves and their dolls.
My American Girl is the contemporary part of the line. Using various skin tones, hair colors, hair types, and eye colors, about 40 different combinations can be put together a doll that looks just like your little one. There are pets, accessories, playsets, and accessories to make the new doll feel at home. I could not believe there was a pair of eyeglasses that looked EXACTLY like my daughter’s! Some outfits have a real-life counterpart and come in sizes 7-16.
The bistro is a quaint little spot to grab some refreshments with savory, sweet, and healthy options. Dietary restrictions are respected so those sensitive to certain food allergens can feel comfortable when inquiring about menu items. Dolls will get their own ‘treat seats’ to sit together at the table with the rest of their party. When it comes to parties or other special events, the bistro has a special section that can be reserved.
I’m sure this new store will be getting a lot of foot traffic, starting with the 10,000 visitors expected this weekend. Fans and non-fans will love all the options but be careful as it’s extremely easy to get caught up in buying it all! You can find more information on the American Girl website as well as the Stanford Shopping Center Facebook page.
Thanks to American Girl and in honor of the store’s opening, one of my readers will win their own American Girl doll – Saige, 2013 Girl of the Year and her book ($110 Value). Enter below and tell your friends!