It can be tough to capture those precious family memories if one person is always behind the camera. Fortunately, there is a way to get photos of the EVERYONE in your group when you visit Walt Disney World. The service is free and is called Disney PhotoPass.
Photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers and on select rides are stored in a personal account for 45 days. You can then view and share these photos to buy downloads or photo gifts. To get unlimited downloads, you’ll want to add Memory Maker (I’ll tell you more about that in a bit).
7 Reasons to Use Disney PhotoPass & Memory Maker
There are many benefits of taking advantage of Disney PhotoPass. Some of those reasons are listed below. As you can see, the photos speak for themselves! 😀
1. EVERYONE is in the photo. No more phantom family members who were on the trip but not in any of the photos. Now everyone will be documented as part of the fun. Oh, and this replaces those awkward family selfie close-ups.
2. Perfect placement. Every detail is taken into account when it comes to Disney. That includes the locations where you’ll find Disney PhotoPass photographers. These talented cast members are stationed at key points throughout each park to get the best photos. No more worries about someone’s head or that important Disney landmark getting cut off!
3. Good quality and fun poses. Disney PhotoPass photographers can use your camera or mobile phone to take photos. But, they have quality equipment and know how to use it. Obviously, they’ll take better photos with their camera since they do this all day long. Just so you know, NONE of the photos in this post were edited except for resizing. They just look that good straight from Disney PhotoPass! Plus, many have great ideas for silly poses to spice up your photos.
4. Ride photos. The ONLY way you’ll get photos of you on the rides is through Disney PhotoPass. Well, you can take a photo of the display afterwards but those will be blurry and grainy. These are some of the best souvenirs! I love this one of my mom going on Expedition Everest for the first (and probably last) time. 🙂
5. Magic Shots. Part of the what makes Disney special is the huge cast of lovable characters. Disney PhotoPass photographers will sometimes ask you to seemingly strange poses. Those poses won’t seem so strange when you see the final photos with Disney character added to them! Love these!
6. Customize with stickers and borders. Add the year, the occasion, the event, or the attraction using pre-made graphics. These make the memories even more special. I especially like the ride borders and stickers!
7. Download to keep. You can pay to download individual photos. Or, you can get unlimited downloads with Memory Maker. We had this on our last two trips and it’s soooooooo nice. You can pretty much leave the camera at home. Instead, visit any and all Disney PhotoPass photographers you come across. Memory Maker is $149 if you pre-purchase (at least 3 days in advance) or $169 to use it immediately.
Disney PhotoPass + Memory Maker = Precious Family Memories
Disney PhotoPass is a fantastic way to keep all your Walt Disney World memories alive. We have so many wonderful photos thanks to the service. I just have to remind myself to finally make a photo book with them! Also, if you plan on staying several days, Memory Maker is a great value and takes the stress out of choosing which ones to keep.
Disclosure: I was invited to attend the 2016 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. As part of this, we received a complimentary Memory Maker package. All opinions are my own.