Ever have one of those days when you just want to through a few jars in a pot and dinner’s done in under 15-20 minutes? Well, since going gluten-free, that’s an option we don’t usually have. However, I’ve recently found a few good commercially-available items to make a quick and easy gluten-free recipe for chicken alfredo with pasta.
The pasta comes from Trader Joe’s but everything else can be found at almost any grocery store. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, Barilla has a nice rice and corn pasta line that also has a more solid texture.
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes. Servings Made: 4.
15-Minute Chicken Alfredo Gluten-Free Recipe
- 1 lb. Chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1 jar Classico Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Chopped or crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Pesto
- 1 pkg Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta (Gluten Free)
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add salt if desired. Pour in pasta and allow to cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Add cooking oil to pan and heat (I used olive oil). Cook chicken on one side for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, Italian seasoning (i.e. basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme) on chicken. Turn over for another 7 minutes.
- When done, drain pasta and set aside.
- Pour alfredo sauce into pot and heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and pesto. Mix and allow to simmer.
- Make sure chicken is cooked through (no pink) and put all ingredients on plate.
- Top with parmesan cheese and some seasoning to garnish.
If you really want to speed up the cooking time, use precooked chicken strips. For Celiac sufferers, it’s always a good idea to check labels to make sure it’s gluten-free.