I’m always looking for tasty, healthy snacks for my daughter. This time I found a new one for me – Nature Valley Granola Thins! They are so delicious!
I’m already familiar with the Oats ‘n Honey Crunchy Granola Bars. They are very tasty yet healthy at the same time. Based on this product, Nature Valley has now created Granola Thins. These provide the same flavor and crunch but now with peanut butter or dark chocolate.
They are all-natural and do not contain high fructose corn syrup. They are the perfect size too – you just need one square to fill that ‘munchie’ feeling. Better yet, each square is only 90 calories so it’s a guilt-free snack. Nature Valley provides the full list of ingredients for the Dark Chocolate and the Peanut Butter Granola Thins.
With summer being here, I have noticed a lot of S’more love being spread around. Here is a recipe using these Granola Thins instead of graham crackers and chocolate bars:
- Roast marshmallow over open flame until it turns golden brown.
- Select two dark chocolate Granola Thins. Try the peanut butter flavor as a tasty alternative. You can even use one of each!
- Place the marshmallow inside the two thins, granola side out, and enjoy!
These are not tidy car-snacks for the kiddies though. They are quite crumby and if it is any warmer than room temperature, the topping sticks a bit to the paper insert. Despite this, these will be a staple in my house and my car from now on.
► Giveaway closed, winners announced here!
One reader will win a special Nature Valley Prize Pack which includes a nature-inspired mug, mouse pad, desk calendar, and 2 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Thins (one of each flavor).
To enter (mandatory):
Visit Nature Valley and tell me which bar or snack is your favorite.
For additional entries leave a comment for each you do:
- Subscribe via email, 3 entries (in middle column)
- “Like” Nature Valley on Facebook and tell them Cookies & Clogs sent you!
- “Like” Cookies & Clogs on Facebook, 3 entries
- Follow Cookies & Clogs on Twitter
- Follow Nature Valley on Twitter
- Tweet the following once a day:
Win a Nature Valley Prize Pack (mug, mouse pad, desk calendar) @cookiesandclogs @Nature_Valley Ends 8/15 #win #giveaway http://bit.ly/bNMI0y
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs
- Blog about this and link back to me, 5 entries
- Add my button to your site and tell me where to find it
Giveaway ends 8/15/10 at 11:59 PST. Open to US residents only. Winners have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I was provided with a 2 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Thins at no cost in order to test the product. The review presented here is 100% my honest opinion.