The inspiration for this Very Berry Banana Smoothie recipe came during last summer. I tried several different drinks at Jamba Juice and finally found one I liked called Razzmatazz. After reading the ingredients on the menu board, I figured it would be easy enough to make at home and save the extra $4 or so. This smoothie recipe only requires four ingredients.
I actually like my Very Berry Banana Smoothie recipe better than the original. It’s much cheaper than buying it at the Jamba Juice and it’s super easy! It has just the right amount of sweetness and tanginess. My daughter and I drink this regularly for and/or with breakfast. Plus, there’s no dairy, gluten, or sweeteners in it – whoo-hoo!
Very Berry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Banana (fresh)
- 4 Strawberries (frozen)
- 2/3 cup Mixed Berries (frozen, contains blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Break banana into 3-4 pieces and put in blender.
- Pour orange juice in.
- Add the frozen strawberries and mixed berries afterwards, otherwise they might re-freeze together.
- Blend ingredients together until no chunks remain.
- Makes enough for one 8 oz. glass.
I’m not much of a daring cook but I love coming up with new smoothie recipes. When working with fruit, you can pretty much through in anything and it will end up tasting great. I’ve even experimented with making green smoothies but I still need to develop my palette to get those down. What smoothie recipes have you come up with lately?