It’s been so nice having The Counter in San Mateo. I’m extremely picky with food with extra this, no that, etc. so being able to custom-build my own Counter burger is awesome. Plus, there are a ton of premium and unique ingredients to add it never gets old. Even Frans has a huge selection available to him with so many gluten-free options (as well as paleo, vegan, low-carb/high-protein). Did I mention that there are now unlimited toppings?!
New The Counter Burger Expert Builds
For those that have a hard time making decisions, The Counter also offers several Expert Builds and Salad Style Builds to choose from. In fact, five new Expert Builds have recently been added and those look pretty appetizing. If it wasn’t for my crazy ordering style the Un-Brie-lievable would be on the top of my ‘must try’ list!
- Red Eye: hormone and antibiotic free beef topped with melted tillamook cheddar, applewood smoked bacon, ripened red tomato, a sunny side up egg on an English muffin with a side of sweet sriracha
- Un-Brie-lievable: 100% natural ground turkey on a bed of organic mixed greens topped with soft-ripened brie, ripened red tomato, dried cranberries on a multigrain bun with a side of apricot sauce
- Bison with Bite: organic bison topped with tillamook cheddar, spicy pickles, sliced red onion on a brioche style bun with a side of house mustard and spicy worcestershire
- Southeast Asian Ahi: ahi tuna topped with pickled carrot and daikon slaw, ripened red tomato on a brioche style bun with a side of nori-soy sauce and sweet sriracha
- Anaheim Jack: 100% natural chicken breast topped with jalapeno jack, Anaheim peppers, red onions on a ciabatta bun with a side of roasted garlic aioli
Our The Counter Experience
My family just ate lunner (lunch/dinner) at The Counter last night. Mmm, mmm, good! We polished off the chili cheese fries and our custom burgers arrived shortly after. Mmm, mmm, good!
- Amazing but huge (mine): 1/3 lb beef, soft-ripened brie, grilled pineapples, roasted garlic aioli, mayo, Applewood smoked bacon, sautéed mushrooms, brioche bun
- Super yummy and finished off completely (Munchkin): 1/3 lb beef, Tillamook cheddar, baby spinach (my teen added it to be healthy 😛 ), Applewood smoked bacon, sliced avocado, country buttermilk ranch, mayo, pretzel bun
- Okay but should’ve had more flavorful ingredients (Frans): 1/3 lb beef, soft-ripened brie, sliced cucumbers, mayo, gluten-free bun
The meat was cooked as ordered, every thing tasted fresh, and service was great. The only gripe we had was that the strawberry milkshake Frans had was disappointing. For $6, you’d expect the best shake ever but, instead, it was thin, was mostly milk, and he tasted hardly any strawberry.
If you’re feeling a bit munchy but aren’t quite feeling the greasy drive-through eats, you may want to head to a nearby The Counter. Oh, and take a couple minutes to enter the giveaway below for your chance to win a $50 gift card to try some new flavors.