Easy Pasta Recipes – Butter-Glazed Garden Pasta Recipe w/ Tri-Color Rigatoni, Zucchini, & Mushrooms…
Way back when, my grandmother used to watch me for a couple hours after school until my mom got off of work. As a quick after-school snack, my grandmother would just combine butter, pasta, and parmesan cheese for me to munch on. I always enjoyed this quick pasta recipe though it probably wasn’t the most healthy for me. When my daughter was young, I would cook a variation for our family as a quick and light dinner. It was so cute how she’d say, “Noo-nules, mush-ooms, zucchini”.
While I still enjoy this easy pasta recipe, my family’s tastes have changed with my daughter not liking mushrooms and my husband not liking zucchini. The great thing about this recipe is that any other vegetables can be substituted or added in depending on personal preference. Cooked chicken or ground turkey/beef may be used as well.
- 1 pkg Tri-Color Spiral Noodles
- 1/4 cup Butter (or Earth Balance or olive oil)
- 1 pint White Mushrooms
- 2 Medium-Sized Zucchini
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Slice mushrooms. Slice zucchinis or chop into cubes.
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to pan and heat on med-high.
- Sautée mushrooms and zucchini, drain, then set aside.
- After pasta is done boiling, drain, and return to low-med heat.
- Add butter. Allow to melt and stir until the pasta is well-coated.
- Season with garlic salt to taste.
- Add sautéed vegetables.
- Generously top with parmesan cheese or mix it in.
- Optional: Include cooked chicken strips to make the dish more hearty. To add more color, use yellow squash or bell peppers.