Going From 2012 to 2013…
Whew, 2012 was a busy year! It was not all rainbows and butterflies, but there were definitely some memorable moments. Was it the same for you? Here’s a quick summary of what happened here at Cookies & Clogs.
- My husband and I celebrated our 12-1/2 anniversary but almost had to move, again.
- Munchkin got stuck in the dog’s crate and got her first pair of glasses.
- Speckles really became part of our family but we were so close to having to put her down.
- I (unintentionally) got most of my hair chopped off before BlogHer ’12 but now prefer it short.
- Featured as an MC VIP on Mom Central and appeared on the evening news (not in a bad way).
- Got a chance to show off parts of the Bay Area, along with central and southern California.
- Took a couple of baby steps into blogging about food, starting with an easy strawberry pie recipe.
- Ambassador for Verizon Wireless (Home Phone Connect & Nokia Lumia 822) and LifeLock.
The highlight of the year had to be the Avengers event in New York. Thanks to Disney/Marvel, I was able to to interview Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill) AND attend the final night at the Tribeca Film Festival to see the Avengers, with other cast members in attendance. The following day, Peter Hedges greeted us during a private showing of The Odd Life of Timothy Green and we had Sprinkles cupcakes in honor of viewing People Like Us. What an experience!
My favorite products were:
- Magna Cart Flatform 4-Wheeled Hand Truck
- Bissell Spotbot Pet
- Sari Scarf from Uncommon Goods
- The Organwise Guys Kit
Transitioning from a ‘deal blog’ to one that focused more on family and travel has been a worthwhile change. Cookies & Clogs grew tremendously throughout the year and I hope it continues to do so. Starting with a blank calendar is always fun since there’s so much potential to fill it up 🙂 Thanks for your support in 2012 and on into 2013!