Call it a late realization but it just dawned on me that we’re boring. I don’t mean ‘we’ collectively but my husband and I. The other day, we ran into some friends that we hadn’t seen in a while. We talked about getting together and they asked what we liked to do for fun. A blank expression came across both our faces with wide-eyes and an audible, “Uhm….” uttered in stereo. It was a moment of truth.
How we know we’re boring and total homebodies:
- Can’t think of anything when asked what you do for fun.
- “Going out” means eating out, even if it’s fast food.
- “Family time” usually involves a movie, smartphone, or tablet.
- Enjoy being with friends but would rather kick back at home.
- Most looked forward to activity each day – sleep.
Is this just proof that we are old? Or that we are ‘settled’ parents? Or is it just a personal and isolated reflection? Has this ever happened to you? While I wait for your answer, I’m going to take a nap…