Do your children know who Hiccup and Toothless are? Have they seen the movies and read the books? Have you been looking for How to Train Your Dragon games for kids to keep them occupied? Then your search is over! There’s a brand new game for mobile devices from DreamWorks – Dragons Adventure: World Explorer.
Post brought to you by Zebra Partners. All opinions are my own.
How to Train Your Dragon Games for Kids
The new How to Train Your Dragon game will keep kids during short or long car rides. The interactive fun features fun flights on their favorite dragons as they work to complete given quests. The landscape is always changing as well based on the player’s location and puts them right in the game. You can downloaded the free (no in-app purchases either) Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store.
Here’s a bit more about the Dragons Adventure: World Explorer:
- High Flying Fun: Players take flight as Hiccup or Astrid, central characters in the DreamWorks franchise. Flying freely, mounted on the back of dragons from the blockbuster movie, players explore the real world transformed into the Isle of Berk.
- Complete Quests At Home Or On The Go: Explore mode lets you play at home and travel across a map of the world to rescue dragons from evil dragon trappers by completing quests in select cities. Train mode lets you take it on the go, soaring over familiar landmarks outside your car window that transform directly into the game as you drive.
- Real World Real Time: In Train mode in-game surroundings are constantly evolving with real time data feeds reflecting real world environments. HERE Maps takes a player’s location, direction in which they are headed, and time of day and transforms it into a personalized Isle of Berk. Weather in the game is influenced by The Weather Channel and popularity data from Foursquare determines the number of Vikings that appear near points of interest.
- Dragon Mastery: Complete 38 quests, each with various tasks from lighting signal beacons, to visiting stables for intel, to proving your dragons strength, with the ultimate goal of mastering flying and training skills to become a Master Dragon Trainer.
- Unlock Dragons: Players can collect Runes hidden throughout the Isle of Berk to unlock new dragons and can unlock Toothless, a favorite from the How To Train Your Dragon franchise, by registering the game.
- Ideal for Drive Time: The game automatically winds down when you reach your destination in Train Mode, making long road trips and everyday commutes an ongoing adventure, without the ongoing struggle to close down devices.
- Windows Gaming: Available on a range of Microsoft Windows phones and tablets, including the Lumia 2520, 1520, 1020, Icon, 928, 925 and the recently announced Lumia 930, as well as all Microsoft Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets.
As a special promotion in honor of the game, you can enter to win a trip for two to Los Angeles to tour the DreamWorks Animation Studios! for two. All you have to do is tell or show why you should win using hashtag #WorldExplorer on Instagram, Vine or Twitter. Get your entry in by August 29, 2014 and winners will be announced the following month. Official contest information can be found at http://nokia.ly/WorldExplorer.
While it’s not as cool as winning an all-expense paid trip to L.A. to visit an animation studio, I do have a fun prize to offer you as well. Enter below to win two AMC movie tickets to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 (or whatever else you fancy).