As soon as we heard that Disney Infinity 3.0 was being worked on, my daughter and I could not wait to get our hands on it. Well, as of August 28, 2015, Disney Infinity 3.0 is now out! With tons of new Play Sets, figures, Power Discs, and the two Expansion Packs, we’ll be pretty busy for a while “testing” it all out.
For now, I thought it would be good to share some first impressions and general information to better acquaint you with the gaming platform.
Disney Infinity 3.0 Review – Basic Release Info
- For those new to Disney Infinity, get the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack for $64.99. (See review here.) This includes:
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition video game software
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition base
- Star Wars™ Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece
- Ahsoka Tano character figure
- Anakin Skywalker character figure
- Web code card that unlocks content for PC and mobile devices.
- The Star Wars Saga Bundle retails for $114.99 is available but only for Sony Playstation. It includes an additional Star Wars Play Set and three figures.
- For those that have Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition and a base, you have the option to download the new game only for $29.99. Star Wars™ Twilight of the Republic Play Set with Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures can be purchased separately.
- All 1.0 and 2.0 edition figures and Power Discs will work on 3.0. Play Sets from those editions will not.
- While a large chunk of Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition items are already available, more figures, Play Sets, Power Discs, and an Expansion Pack will be intermittently released over the next few months.
- The main development company, Avalanche, already has new Toy Box content available to download for free with more coming.
Disney Infinity 3.0 Review – First Impressions
- Graphics are sharper and smoother with little to no pixilation during moving scenes.
- Still great for all ages and genders.
- Figures are highly stylized in its movements and actions. They are cool, cute, funny, or all of the above.
- This is best viewed on a 50” television or larger. We can barely see some of the characters on our 32” (I know, I know we need to upgrade…), especially in 2-player split screen mode or when the view is panned out, such as is in the Inside Out Play Set.
- LOVE the Toy Box Takeover Expansion Pack since you can play any of your figures. Sidekicks are adorable and hilarious.
- Light sabers are awesome and I love the glowing, burned effect when cutting through things.
- Female characters are stronger, cooler, and basically all around more awesome than their male companions. Finally some serious girl power!
- We still have to spend some time in the updated Toy Box so no impressions on that yet.
Disney Infinity 3.0 Review – Other Play Sets & Figures Now Available
- Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out Play Set with Joy and Anger character figures included (MSRP: $34.99, see review here)
- Disney•Pixar Inside Out character figures Sadness, Disgust, and Fear (MSRP: $13.99 each)
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Play Set (MSRP: $34.99) for players who choose to digitally download the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Software
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic character figures Yoda, and Obi-Wan Kenobi (MSRP: $13.99 each)
- Star Wars Rebels™ character figures Kanan Jarrus, Ezra Bridger, Sabine Wren, and Zeb Orrelios (MSRP: $13.99 each)
- Disney character figures Mickey, Minnie, Mulan, Olaf, Sam Flynn, and Quorra from “Tron: Legacy” (MSRP: $13.99 each, see review here)
- Star Wars Saga Bundle (MSRP $114.99) – Sony Exclusive
- Star Wars Twilight of the Republic Power Disc Pack (MSRP $9.99)
- Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack (MSRP $9.99)
Except for the Tomorrowland Power Disc Pack, I was sent all of these to review. It’s going to take us a while to try everything so I’ll be updating you in a 3-part series as we spend more time playing with these. Since a few extra items were included, I’ll also be giving away a few items some of you. Yay! So, stay tuned for several chances to win!
Will you be picking up Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition anytime soon?
I was sent several items for review purposes. All opinion are my own.